Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Can I scream?


So, I am listing to Denali and have been for 2 days now. I mix it up with a little Refused because I chopped my hair off and made it dark... ala New Noise. Both bands came up in my band practice, therefor making me obsessed with them both all over again. I am sure that if you asked the members of Refused and told them that I fashioned my hair cut off of theirs from the New Noise video from forever ago they would just about die. (Not the good kind of die the bad kind.) Those are the kinds of things that I think about when I am picking a new look. I have to get modivated and inspired. It is usually music that inspires me. Ok well it is always music that inspires me. Most people look to fashion for their ideas for makeup and hair and I look to music. I feel like there is usually a time stamp on music that co insides with fashion. So I guess right now I am "Refused." Sort of mod, sort of hardcore... sort of ticked off and funny. You can dance to me but.... not really.

I remember the first time that I heard Refused, before I had even heard hardcore. I remember loving it and pushing myself to listen to the whole record. I could only listen to two or three songs at first, it was a hard pill to swallow. The screaming, the voice. WOW! Now I can listen at ease, pretty much sing along as if it were the Beach Boys or something. Who would have thought that I would be picking hairstyles off of their lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment